If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have a bit of a sweet tooth, so breakfast foods like pancakes and french toast are right up my alley. Unfortunately, I can't start my day in such an indulgent way every day, (that's reserved for Sundays!) so I came up with these crepes: gluten and dairy free, simple to make and store, and without a doubt, delicious. They're filling, too, which is a big must, and if you add a little greek yogurt, you've got a complete meal! —retrochaya
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 2/3 cup soymilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups berries, such as blueberries and raspberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- splashes fresh lemon juice
- plain greek yogurt
- Mix together the flour, milk and eggs with a fork. Add the salt.
- Oil a 9 inch frying pan and let it heat up. Once heated, pour a little of the crepe batter into the pan and quickly swirl it around until it covers the whole pan and goes up the edges a little.
- Meanwhile, combine the berries, cornstarch, agave nectar and lemon juice in a medium sized sauce pan. Let it simmer over medium heat for ten minutes. If the berries aren't thickening enough, add more cornstarch. After ten minutes are up, transfer the mixture to a ball jar and store in the fridge.
- When the edges pf the crepe are set and starting to curl, about 1 minute, gently run a spatula under the edges of the crepe. Flip the crepe. Cook for 30 seconds longer and then turn the crepe out onto a large plate. Repeat with the remaining crepe batter.
- Once all crepe batter is finished and the jam is done, assemble your crepes: fill with jam and a little greek yogurt and roll up. Then, top with another dollop of yogurt and jam.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe