One of the easiest, most delicious pizza dough recipes. This is a staple in my home, using it for garlic bread, pizza and even some desserts!
The secret to this dough is not adding in the oil when you mix the flour with the other ingredients. The flour needs to be hydrated with the water, not have the oil block it.
Couldn't be any easier! Mix all of the ingredients except the oil, toss in the oil lastly and wait a bit. You wont find a dough recipe that is easier to shape. 10 minutes or less in the oven, and voila! Perfect homemade pizza.
-- Recipe and images from Southern FATTY | http://www.southernfatty.com/simple-pizza-dough/ -- —Phillip || SouthernFATTY.com
- Makes 1 large crust
1 1/2 teaspoons
yeast, active dry
2 1/4 cups
- Place hot water in mixer bowl. Sprinkle yeast and allow to sit for a few minutes to hydrate.
- Add all other ingredients except oil to bowl and mix slowly until combined.
- When flour is mixed in, turn mixer to medium-high and allow to mix with dough hook for 6-7 minutes. The dough will for a ball on the hook.
- With a slightly wet hand, raise dough ball and add olive oil to bottom of bowl. Place dough on top and coat with oil.
- Cover bowl and allow to rest for about 40 minutes. Dough will double in size. Pre-heat oven to 500 F (with pizza stone near bottom to heat for best crust results - otherwise will use baking sheet when you put pizza in).
- On parchment paper (slightly larger than pizza stone or pan using to bake on), dump dough.
- Very lightly move dough from center outward, forming the pizza shape. It should be easy to mold the shape.
- Top with desired toppings and slide pizza (paper and all) onto stone or baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until golden.
- Enjoy! Visit SouthernFATTY.com for more pictures and recipes.