If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfectly honey and lemon sweetened blackberries + mangoes topped with a subtle earl grey richness. I didn't know a fruit salad could be life-changing until now. —Sherrie Castellano
Blackberry + Mango Lemon Poppy Seed Salad
- 4 super ripe + juicy mangoes
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 - 2 teaspoons local honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
Earl Grey Whipped Coconut Cream
- 1 cup full fat coconut cream
- 1 earl grey tea bag
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash the blackberries and set aside on a tea towel to dry. Slice and peel the mangoes into long sections. In a small mixing bowl whisk together the poppy seeds, honey, lemon juice + lemon zest. Combine well and pour over top the mangoes. With your hands toss to coat. Last add in the blackberries, these are fragile, toss lightly.
- Bring 1/4 cup of water to a boil, then steep your tea for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bag and pop the tea into the refrigerator to chill it for 5 minutes. In a mixing bowl combine the chilled tea, honey and vanilla, whisk it vigorously by hand or with a electric hand mixer. Then add in your coconut cream and blend until smooth. Serve fruit with extra lemon zest and a beautiful dollop of this creamy goodness. *To extract your rick and thick coconut cream from the can, it is best to refrigerate it overnight or at least for a few hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe