If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who wouldn't love this amazing color?! With hummus becoming ever more popular with all the different flavors out there (roasted red pepper, edamame, spinach and artichoke, etc.), this one will become on your go-to recipes to dip some homemade pita chips, or veggies! —Stacy
- 1-2 medium beets, roasted, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 ounce can (1 3/4 cup) of garbanzao beans (no salt), lightly drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 dash paprika
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1/2-1 lemon
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- For the roasted beets: Preheat oven to 400F. Clean, scrub, and chop root ends. (Optional: drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.) Loosely wrap individually in foil, place on a roasting pan. Roast for 50-60 min. Roasted beets will be ready when knife can be easily inserted.
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor. Add water or additional olive oil until desired consistency.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve with pita chips, veggies (cucumbers, carrots, celery, tomatoes), or in your wraps and sandwiches!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe