If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Although millet is most often associated as the main ingredient in bird seed, it is not just "for the birds." Creamy like mashed potatoes or fluffy like rice, millet is a delicious grain that can accompany many types of food. This salad is just perfect as a summer dinner. Nourishes one´s body & soul:) P.s. I frequently use parsley instead of lettuce in my salads. Its so much healthier and so full of flavour! —Ausra de Araujo
- 2 cups Cooked millet, cold
- 1 Large bunch of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 Large, very ripe tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 5 tablespoons Sliced black olives
- 3 Grated carrots
- 1/3 cup Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/5 cup Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients for salad in a bowl.
- Blend the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad. Adjust the seasoning.
- Leave in the fridge for about 30 min before serving.
- So easy. So good.