If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: my grandma's recipe....an easy recipe to use up extra ground beef or venison. —Jen Smallwood
Serves 16 servings
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Curing Salt 2 tablespoons - sugar-based curing mixture (such as Morton® Tender Quick)
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke Flavoring
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Seed
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef and water until well blended. Season with garlic powder, curing salt, liquid smoke and mustard seed, and mix thoroughly. It is best to use your hands for this - like meatloaf. Form the mixture into two rolls, and wrap with aluminum foil. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove foil from the beef, and poke holes in the bottom of the rolls. Place them on a roasting rack in a shallow roasting pan to catch the drippings. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Cool, then wrap in plastic or foil, and refrigerate until cold before slicing.