Whenever we grill salmon - we add another piece on the grill, to make our favorite pasta the next day. I invented this recipe when i had grilled salmon leftovers, and wanted a really quick and tasty lunch. Now we like it so much that we make it especially, my daughter considers it a special treat , and i am always asked to bring it to family gatherings. The secret is fresh ingredients, and everything is just barely cooked (this is a must! overcooking kills this dish) and so tastes fresh, where each ingredient retains its distinct flavor. the low cooking time ensures a quick dish that tastes wonderful —Einat
- Serves 2-3
fresh salmon fillet with skin on
frozen delicate and thin french greenbeans.
clove garlick- pressed by a gralick presser
- Grill the salmon fillet, skin towards fire (this can be done up to a day in advance), until its nearly done- make sure it is NOT completely done: it needs a crispy skin but the flesh must remains juicy and slightly undercooked
- Remove the skin off the grilled salmon. Cut salmon meat into bite-size pieces, or better yet pull it apart by hand into flakes - that's what i do to make sure I remove all bones.
- in a large pot, cook the pasta according to instructions
- make the pasta sauce: heat butter in a skillet until starts melting. add salmon pieces, cook 1 minute on medium heat
- add to salmon all the rest of the ingredients (except pasta) and . wait until cream starts bubbling, and then cook 2 mins more on low heat.
- pour sauce over pasta and serve .