If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This raw, vegan, and ultra-hydrating salad is made with fragrant, ripe heirloom tomatoes, juicy watermelon, crispy cucumbers, fresh mint, and creamy, creamy avocado. I serve mine with an ice-old glass of rosé, bumpin’ bluegrass, and a healthy dose of sunshine. —Alexandra Dawson
Food52 Review: I’ve always been a bit weary of adding watermelon to salads. Why risk ruining the melon when it’s so good alone? But this definitely converted me. It’s crunchy without being hard, and its sweetness can make up for lackluster tomatoes. Heads up on the mint: You might want to use less or cut it with some basil if you aren’t a diehard mint fan. —Heather | Delicious Not Gorgeous
Serves 2 to 4
- 1/4 large watermelon, rind removed, cubed
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, cubed
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced into medallions
- 1/2 avocado, skin and pit removed, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 cup baby greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, carefully toss the watermelon, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, mint, and baby greens.
- Dress with olive oil and season to taste. Serve in your favorite bowl. Enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Melon
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados