Author Notes: On a recent trip to Australia, I was delighted to discover that smashed avocado on toast is standard breakfast fare there. This recipe was inspired by my favorite version of this dish, which I encountered at a sidewalk cafe in Sydney. It also makes a great base for fried eggs! —Food in Durham
Food52 Review: Yum. You can't really go wrong here. All of these things are delicious, especially when put together. It's straightforward, delicious, and only takes 5 minutes. Use a large avocado since a little one wouldn't be enough for 4 slices of bread. All in all, an easy and tasty recipe! —Stephanie Bourgeois
tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
tablespoon chopped fresh mint
cup crumbled feta
slices crusty sourdough bread
- Use a fork to smash the avocado to a chunky paste. Add lemon, mint, and salt and mix until evenly distributed.
- Gently stir in feta, then add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast bread and spread avocado mixture on the warm toast. Enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados