If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
For the Olives and Potatoes
- 1 pound small young potatoes, halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, extra
- black pepper
- 3 cups brine-cured unpitted black olives
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
For the Avocado Dippigrette
- 1 ear of fresh corn
- 1 cup water
- 3 small, 2 medium or 1 1/2 large avocados, any variety
- 1 large lemon, juice of, pulp included
- 1 slice white bread, crust removed
- 1 whole large scallion
- 1/4 cup crema mexicana
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, scant
- Mix the olives with lemon zest and the olive oil in a bowl, stirring well. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Wash the potatoes well and place in a medium size pot. Cover by about 1 inch with cold salted water. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently until the potatoes are cooked through. Drain the potatoes in a colander and immediately add the coconut oil to them, stirring gently to coat. Season with the extra salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- While the potatoes are boiling, with a knife carefully remove the corn kernels from the cob, and scrape the remaining juice as well. Add the kernels and the juice to a blender, along with the water, and blend until smooth. Strain the mixture through a sieve, using a flexible spatula to fully separate solids from liquid. Return the strained mixture to the blender. Halve the avocados lengthwise, remove the pits and scoop the flesh out and into the blender. Add the juice of the lemon, the torn soft part of the bread slice, and the scallion, rinsed and chopped. Process everything until creamy, then transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the crema, the sherry vinegar, the parsley and the salt.
- Serve the trio right away, each component in an individual dish, and a fork for everyone. Dip an olive, dip a potato, rererepeat until gone.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados