If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have a scrumptious recipe for grilled mackerel with vegies that is super easy to do and can be served as a lunch or dinner. It takes about 30 minutes including your prep time.
Let’s get cooking boys and girls! —st.ionela
- 3 Mackarel
- 1 teaspoon Coarse salt
- 1 shot Olive oil
- 1 pinch coriander
- 1 pinch cumin seeds
- 1 pinch black peppercorns
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- 15 pieces Cherry tomatoes
- 5 pieces Zucchini
- You’ll have to gut your fish, or you can ask your fisherman to do it for you, score it down on both sides and salt it in and out with coarse sea salt and sprinckle over some olive oil, it will make the spices stick to the fish better.
- Toast your spices and then put `em in a mortar and pestle and make a powder spice rub which you’ll use on your fish.f
- Grill the fish on both sides for about 15 to 20 minutes turning it one time. The cooking time depends on how big your fish is.
- Meanwhile slice the zucchinies in 1 cm thick slices and salt them with just a little too much salt than you’ll probably use. After 10 minutes squize them in your hand to get the water out.
- put them in between the fish so that they can grill nicely, just 2-3 minutes on each side, you’ll finish `em in the pan with some olive oil to give some glow to that chargrilled look.
- Do the same with your tomatoes, throw them in some olive oil just until their skin is falling apart.