If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We took a white water rafting trip through Hells Canyon with Hells Canyon Raft. Not only was our trip full of exhilarating white water adventures and hiking, the food that our guides prepared riverside was out of this world! One of the appetizers served was a butter and garlic phyllo wrapped wheel of brie that was melted in the dutch oven and topped with cherry chutney. The cherries for the recipe were picked from cherry trees in the canyon that once belonged to old pioneering homesteaders who planted those trees. After our trip, I emailed Heidi Armacost (the owner) if she could please share the recipe for the chutney with me. And she did. It really is quite delicious and versatile. We even had it warmed over vanilla ice cream last night. Hope you enjoy it if you try it. —Monica Bennett
Makes 2 cups approximately
- 3/4 cup Cherry Preserves
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Allspice (ground)
- 2/3 cup Red Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Simply place all ingredients into a sauce pan and bring to a simmer, stirring often in the beginning and every now and then during the cooking process. Cook until the entire mixture becomes reduced by half
- Pour into a glass container and let come to room temperature before serving.