If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This chowder will warm the cockles of your heart and it goes great with some fresh rustic bread. —Rodney Conway
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2 medium shallots, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Whiskey
- 2 small cans of Mexican style corn
- 4 Medium baby red potatoes diced
- 1 pint Heavy Cream
- 1 pint Half n Half
- 3 tablespoons Smoked Cajun Seasoning
- 1 pound Salmon diced
- 8 Slices of bacon diced
- 3 Green onions diced
- Salt n Pepper to taste
- Add butter and flour to your pot on medium heat and let cook for 5 minutes not to let it brown. Add the chicken stock, whiskey, cream and 1/2 n 1/2 and simmer.
- Add the shallots, potatoes, corn, and seasoning and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Add salmon and cook for about 8 minute on low. Add salt and pepper and adjust the seasoning. If chowder is too thick add more chicken stock.
- Place chowder in a bowl and garnish with bacon and green onions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup