If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Everyone loves a good sandwich. Everyone. There is something comforting about a good ol’ PB&J in your lunchbox, a grilled cheese on a Saturday morning with snow flurries (Sorry! I know Summer isn’t quite over yet.), pulled pork on a bun with a nice cider (a personal fav!).
We’ll step it up just a notch with a simple, but delicious Country Ham Melt --
Cured, local country ham balanced with a brown sugar glaze, topped with peppered avocado, cheese and a homemade roasted tomato, poblano pepper and garlic mayo. All between two buttered, golden toasted layers of sweet Italian bread.
From: Phillip @ SouthernFATTY.com —Phillip || SouthernFATTY.com
Makes 1 sandwich
- 1 piece country ham
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, light
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 pieces avocado, sliced
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 piece swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon roasted tomato, poblano and garlic mayo
- 2 pieces sweet Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a pan over medium heat, cook country ham with brown sugar and water until reduced and glazed.
- Remove to cool.
- Between slices of bread, layer country ham, avocado, black pepper, swiss cheese and roasted tomato poblano pepper mayo.
- Heat half of butter of medium-low heat and toast sandwich. Turn, using other half of butter to toast other side.
- Slice in half (everyone knows a sandwich tastes better this way!) and enjoy!
- NOTE: Roasted tomato, poblano pepper and garlic mayo recipe available on SouthernFATTY.com - http://www.southernfatty.com/roasted-tomato-pepper-mayo/
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe