If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Where I come from, we call this queso. However, I decided to throw in a little gruyere and white wine to make it what I think qualifies as fondue. Assemble some cubed French bread, veggies, tortilla chips, and rolled serrano ham and dip to your heart's content. (Or, go raclette style and pour the cheese over your accoutrements.) - The Internet Cooking Princess —theicp
Food52 Review: Top to bottom, my fellow vacationers really enjoyed The Internet Cooking Princess's Jalapeno Black-Eyed Pea Fondue. The chile added a new dimension that had people murmuring, 'What's IN this; it tastes so different and good!" I was a little concerned because my black-eyed peas immediately sank to the bottom, but I needn't have worried. Everyone's favorite part was scooping out the cheesy beans at the end with tortilla chips! The only change I would make is to use a bit less wine; the pinot grigio I had on hand was a tad overpowering. - wssmom —wssmom
Serves four to six
- 1 c. Cooked black-eyed peas (canned or fresh)
- 1-2 Jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 c. Roasted green chiles (canned or fresh)
- 1 c. Green onions
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3 c. Shredded gruyere
- 3 c. Shredded Monterrey Jack
- 1 1/2 c. White wine
- 1/2 c. Heavy whipping cream
- 3 T. Butter
- 3 T. Flour
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter with the flour to create a roux.
- Next, whisk in the white wine, heavy cream, gruyere, Monterrey Jack, garlic, and green onions until the cheese is smooth and creamy.
- Once the consistency is right, add the green chiles, jalapenos, and black-eyed peas. Stir the ingredients so that everything is evenly distributed, adding some salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble a plate of dipping artillery: cubed French bread, veggies, tortilla chips, and rolled serrano ham.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fondue
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack