If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I feel like maybe I'm supposed to be ashamed that this happened one Thursday night when I was home alone....by which I mean going to the market strictly for marshmallows in a variety of sizes...and then eating most of them...in malllow-on-mallow, meta-s'more fashion...but I'm just not. At all. —Kendra Vaculin
Makes 10 s'mores
tablespoons butter (half a stick)
cups mini marshmallows, almost one full 10-ounce bag (snack on the rest, resistance is futile)
cups puffed rice cereal (do your thang if you wanna use that expen$ive bougie brown rice stuff, I judge you not)
cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat, and then add mini marshmallows, cinnamon, and nutmeg, stirring with a heat-proof spatula until the entire mixture is melted.
- Remove pot from heat and add cereal, folding in until the whole mess is coated and gooey and sticky.
- Dump contents of pot into a rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Mine is 15 x 10 inches, and I used a baking sheet rather than a dish because I wanted thinner krispie treats on either side of my s’more so it was still possible to fit the whole thing vertically in my mouth. I have priorities. Flatten into one layer with your spatula, and then stick the dish into the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from freezer and cut into 20 rectangles. Return to freezer for 5 minutes.
- Using a skewer or similarly longish utensil, roast the big marshmallows over your stove burner, or a campfire, or a candle, or whatever you have nearest that is engulfed in flames. Smash roasted mallow between two krispie treats, pressing together to form a sandwich. Repeat with remaining mallows and treats.
- Heat chocolate in the microwave, stopping to stir every 15 seconds, until melty and smooth. Dip krispie sandwiches halfway into the chocolate, and then place onto a sheet of wax paper. Stick sandwiches into the fridge to speed along the hardening process. Try to save one for your boyfriend but just in case maybe don’t tell him you made them so after you’ve eaten them all, he is none the wiser.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!