If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 to 4 quarts vegetable or canola oil, for frying
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Hot sauce, optional
- 8 pre-cooked hot dogs or sausages
- Fill a deep pot with oil (enough to fully submerge your corn dogs), and heat it to 360° F.
- While the oil is heating, combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk in the egg, buttermilk, and hot sauce, if using.
- Stick chopsticks or wooden skewers into your wieners. Once the oil is heated, pour the batter into a tall glass or jar and dip the wieners into the batter, covering them fully. Fry them until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes, and transfer to a paper towel.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!