If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I sent the name of this recipe -- just the name! -- to my boyfriend and he said, "Oh, I see you just chose all of the ingredients that sound good and put them all together." Yeah. Yeah I did. —Kendra Vaculin
Serves 4 as a side dish
- 4 cups sweet potato chunks (about 2 average-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks)
- Olive oil
- 1 large apple, chopped into chunks (does not need to be peeled, but can be if you prefer!)
- 2 cups halved white pearl onions
- 10 leaves of fresh sage, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Toss sweet potatoes in a few tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread out on a lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, heat a pan with 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally. After a few minutes, add the sage and mix in, continuing to cook. Remove from heat when onions are fragrant and browning and sage is crisping on the edges (this will continue in the oven). At this point your whole home smells like goodness and wonder and you should pour yourself a glass of wine and sigh happily, probably.
- Dump the onion mix and the chopped apples onto the pan with the sweet potatoes and spread into an even layer. Return it all to the oven to roast for 10 to 15 more minutes. Remove when the sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!