If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bear with me on this one - this riff on a Black Manhattan has a hint of sambuca (found lingering in the back of everyone's liquor cabinet) and a dash of Campari to even out the sweetness. I call it a Midnight Manhattan because of the black sambuca I had in the back of the cupboard, a hangover from an old Halloween party, but you can use any kind you have on hand.
Dark and bitter, strong and sweet, give it a try! —Jnnlzbth
Makes 1 drink
- 1.5 ounces Dark Horse Alberta Premium Rye
- .5 ounces Averna Amaro
- 3-4 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 dashes Campari
- 1 dash Sambuca
- 1 piece Orange Peel without pith
- Stir ingredients with ice and strain into a highball glass with one large ice cube.
- Garnish with a piece of orange peel.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail
More Great Recipes: Cocktails