If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple salad is so easy but the ingredients come together to create a delicious, layered bite. This is my go-to when I don't have a lot of time but I want flavour. —The Goodness Exchange
- 100 grams Arugula
- 4 Medjool Dates
- 20 grams Pine Nuts
- 150 grams Haloumi, cubed
Spiced Orange Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 11/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 1 Juice of an orange
- In a small sauce pan on low heat without any oil, fry garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add honey and stir.
- Add cumin and orange juice
- Let the mix come to a light boil and then take off the heat.
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil. Stir. Set aside.
- In a dry pan, toast pine nuts until golden and fragrant. Set aside
- In the same pan, without using any oil, fry haloumi until each cube is gorgeous and golden on all sides. Set aside.
- Place a handful of arugula in the middle of a plate. Drizzle the leaves with a tiny swish of olive oil and season with sea salt.
- Slice and sprinkle date slices over the leaves, followed by the haloumi cubes.
- Lastly, sprinkle the salad with toasted pine nuts.