Author Notes: This simple salad is so easy but the ingredients come together to create a delicious, layered bite. This is my go-to when I don't have a lot of time but I want flavour. —My Goodness Kitchen
grams Pine Nuts
grams Haloumi, cubed
Spiced Orange Dressing
teaspoon Ground Cumin
teaspoon Olive oil
Juice of an orange
- In a small sauce pan on low heat without any oil, fry garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add honey and stir.
- Add cumin and orange juice
- Let the mix come to a light boil and then take off the heat.
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil. Stir. Set aside.
- In a dry pan, toast pine nuts until golden and fragrant. Set aside
- In the same pan, without using any oil, fry haloumi until each cube is gorgeous and golden on all sides. Set aside.
- Place a handful of arugula in the middle of a plate. Drizzle the leaves with a tiny swish of olive oil and season with sea salt.
- Slice and sprinkle date slices over the leaves, followed by the haloumi cubes.
- Lastly, sprinkle the salad with toasted pine nuts.