If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These gingerbread cookies are thick and cake-like. They have much less sugar than traditional cookies, so they are not overly sweet. They also have the perfect amount of chip to cookie ratio. —suzy
Makes: 24 cookies
cups White whole wheat Flour
teaspoon Baking Soda
tablespoons Unsalted butter, softened
cup Brown sugar
tablespoon Freshly grated ginger
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
teaspoon Sea salt
cup Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar, and molasses until combined.
- Add ginger, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix.
- Add eggs and mix until combined well.
- With mixer on low (or by hand) add the flour and stir until just combined. Do not over-stir.
- Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of batter on a cookie sheet, leaving about an inch in between cookies. These do not spread as much as other cookies.
- Bake for ~17 minutes.
More Great Recipes: