Author Notes: These gingerbread cookies are thick and cake-like. They have much less sugar than traditional cookies, so they are not overly sweet. They also have the perfect amount of chip to cookie ratio. —suzy
Makes: 24 cookies
cups White whole wheat Flour
teaspoon Baking Soda
tablespoons Unsalted butter, softened
cup Brown sugar
tablespoon Freshly grated ginger
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
teaspoon Sea salt
cup Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar, and molasses until combined.
- Add ginger, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix.
- Add eggs and mix until combined well.
- With mixer on low (or by hand) add the flour and stir until just combined. Do not over-stir.
- Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of batter on a cookie sheet, leaving about an inch in between cookies. These do not spread as much as other cookies.
- Bake for ~17 minutes.
More Great Recipes: