If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fresh salad this time of year always appeals, especially it has a bit of body. This recipe is adapted from one in Deborah Madison's cookbook, Vegetable Literacy. The dressing is a bit different, and I added toasted almonds and clementine slices. I love how the sweetness of the citrus balances the bite of radicchio. —Nina Sparling
for the salad
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 2 clementines
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped almonds
- Quarter the radicchio and remove the tough base of the stem. Finely slice crosswise and place in a wide bowl. Chop up the hardboiled egg and add. Peel the clementines and slice crosswise, pulling the discs into segments.
for the dressing
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Mix all the ingredients together, either by vigorously whisking or shaking in a jar (with the lid screwed on tightly).
- Dress the salad to taste