If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Such a fun addition to your football gatherings and parties! —Rhodes Bake-N-Serv
- 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 string cheese
- Queso Dip:
- 1 pound lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 16 ounces Mexican Velveeta
- 10 ounces can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 4 ounces can diced green chilies
- Cut about 2 inches of dough off the end of loaf. Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray and roll the cut off piece into a 9x12-inch oval. Trim two 1x10-inch strips off the oval and set them aside. Place the oval on sprayed baking sheet and shape into a flat football shape.
- Roll remaining part of loaf into a 12-inch rope. Cut it in half lengthwise. Curve each half into an arch and lay (one on each side) on top of the rolled out oval to form a football shaped bowl. Pinch ends together securely making a point at each end. Lay the one inch strips you set aside over each end of the football to make the stripes. Tuck the ends under the football.
- Brush with beaten egg and let rise 30-45 minutes. Pinch the ends again to make nice points and bake at 350F 30 minutes. Let cool and trim out middle of football to make as much space as desired for your dip. Fill with Queso Dip. Make stitching by cutting a string cheese and lay on top of dip. Serve with chips.
- For Queso Dip: Cut cheese into cubes and melt in microwave. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Heat again and serve, with chips, in Football Dip Bowl.