If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baked potato soup is an easy and inexpensive dish that serves up loads of comfort. Leave out the cheddar cheese and half & half at the end for a vegan version that's just as tasty. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/baked-potato-soup-crunchy-potato-skins —Healthline
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 4 green onions, sliced thin (optional)
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and pierce the potatoes several times with a fork or knife. Bake for 1 hour, remove from the oven, and allow to cool.
- When you pull the potato out of the oven, begin the soup. Add 1 tbsp olive oil into a large soup pot and pile in the celery and onions. Sweat the vegetables over medium heat until just soft. Pour in the broth or water and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise (making sure that the skins stay intact) and scoop the potato from its skin and add into the soup pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush the potato skins with the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Pop into the oven (400°F) and roast just to crisp them, about 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender or transfer to a stand blender and puree. Add the half & half, stir, and taste. Adjust seasoning with salt and white pepper.
- Serve with green onions and cheddar cheese (for your guests to add as they like) and one crispy potato skin.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0