If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made with immune boosting and cold busting turmeric, ginger, and garlic, today I am so excited to share another one of my cold weather favorites- my Golden Cauliflower and White Bean Stew. An intensely yellow, rustically chunky, and flavor packed one-pot meal, this simple vegetable stew boasts detoxifying and antioxidant rich cauliflower, juicy tomatoes and raisins, heaps of leafy spinach, and creamy cannellini beans. Liquid gold bright enough to make the chilliest day shine. I serve my stew over ½ cup couscous, brown basmati rice, or with a crusty knob of baguette.
Nutritional Information [per serving = 2 ½ cups]
195 Calories, 37g Carbohydrates, 2.7g Fat, 8.9g Protein, 8.7g Fiber, 16.7g Sugar —Alexandra Dawson
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and cut into bite sized florets
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, rustically cubed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, thoroughly rinsed and drained
- 4 cups baby spinach
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until just hot. Add onion and garlic and sauté, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and soft, but not browned (about 6 minutes). Add ginger, cumin, and turmeric and continue to sauté until spices are pungent (about 30 seconds).
- Stir in cauliflower, tomatoes, raisins, and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and allow stew to simmer until all vegetables are fork tender (about 20 minutes). Uncover and stir in beans, spinach, and seasoning; stir until spinach is just wilted. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans