If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are my all time favourite muffins. They're full of protein, fibre, and good fat, making them into a sort of energy muffin that's great for active days. They have a nice mild sweetness and chewy texture that pairs well with the oodles of raspberries. The spelt flour and hemp hearts give the muffins a nice nutty flavour and extra nutrients, but you can substitute whole wheat pastry flour if you'd like. —Alexandra | Occasionally Eggs
- 1 3/4 cup whole spelt flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375F and line or grease a standard muffin tin.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. If you're using frozen raspberries, stirring them in to the flour mixture will help prevent colour bleeding.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the melted coconut oil, yogurt, honey, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fill each muffin cup all the way to the top, and bake 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.