If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made with roasted Asian pears, deeply aromatic shiitake mushrooms, and nourishing ginger, this silky, yet rich one-pot broth is served over fresh ramen noodles, wilted kale, and bright cilantro. I serve my ramen with extra togarashi seasoning and a glass of dry sake.
Roasted Vegetable Ramen Broth
- 2 medium yellow onions (about 1 ½ pounds), peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 heads garlic , tough stem removed, then halved
- 4 medium Asian pears (about 2 pounds), cut into eighths and deseeded
- 4 large carrots (about 1 pound), roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 12 cups filtered water
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 inch knob fresh ginger (about ¼ pound), diced
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 piece dried kombu
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F, rack in the middle.
- On a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss onions, garlic, pears, carrots and olive oil until well combined. Place in oven and roast for 60 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes for even cooking, or until vegetables are fork tender and slightly charred.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to large pot. Add filtered water, soy sauce, ginger, mushrooms, and kombu, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until stock is reduced by half (about 2 hours). Thoroughly strain solids from broth. Set broth aside.
Vegan Roasted Vegetable Everyman Ramen
- 4 cups cooked ramen noodles
- 6 cups roasted vegetable ramen broth (recipe above)
- 1 cup red kale, tough stems removed and roughly chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms of choice, thinly sliced and sautéed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced into thin rings
- sriracha and togarashi (optional)
- Disperse ramen noodles evenly amongst four large bowls.
- In a large pot return broth to a boil. Add kale and mushrooms and simmer for 1 minute, or until kale has just wilted. Pour broth and vegetables evenly over each of the ramen bowls. Top with cilantro, green onions, sriracha, and toagarashi. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles