If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got really into black rice pasta this summer. What started out recipe testing for variations on Pad Thai turned into so much more. The texture and flavor is different from pasta, but not in the least bit unpleasant way! Basically, it’s really rad. Obviously like normal pasta it’s extremely versatile, and can be enjoyed hot or cold, but I don’t know, there’s something about one’s pasta being roughly the color of asphalt that’s very inspiring, food-wise.
http://spicesandspatulas.com/2014/10/17/v-gf-black-rice-pasta-salad/ —Rebecca Firkser
Serves serves 1 but easily doubled, tripled, etc.
- 1 bundle black rice noodles
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- squeeze lime or lemon
- toasted sesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside. Using a vegetable peeler or a mandoline slicer slice up the carrots and bottom part (stem? trunk?) of broccoli. Give the top part of the broccoli a rough chop and place in a bowl with the shallot.
- Combine the all dressing ingredients in a mason jar, give it a good shake (with the lid on!!), and drizzle over the pasta. Toss everything together. Top with a squeeze of citrus and sesame seeds!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Now and Later