If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you buy instant polenta, or polenta in the roll precooked, and you have yourself the perfect side dish handy all the time.
Black pudding, I don't know how many people is crazy about, but you should give a try.
I made this as an appetizer but it could be a dinner, hors d'oeuvres, or omit black sausage and you have vegan dish.
Red onion and pomegranate salad
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon gape seed oil
- Slice onion and mix with salt, let sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the onion under cold water and squeeze out with hands ( where gloves )
- Clean pomegranate seeds.
- Wash and pick coriander leaves and coarsely chop theme.
- In the mixing bowl put all ingredients and mix.
Polenta and black pudding
- 8 ounces ( 225 g ) Yellow corn meal ( instant )
- 1 pound black pudding sausage
- 1 ( 2 cups) red onion and pomegranate salad
- Polenta cooked ( follow package instruction ) before so it is firm and easy to slice or just bay polenta in the roll precooked, slice 1/2 inch thick.
- Make onion-pomegranate salad
- Slice polenta 3x3x1/2 inches and pan fry, keep worm.
- Peel and slice black pudding in to 1/3 inch coins and pan fry 1 minute on each side.
- To assemble, put polenta on the plate 2-3 slice black pudding on it and salad on the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe