If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make this dressing all the time using tarragon from my garden and Meyer lemons from my tree. The honey adds sweetness to the dressing. This dressing goes well with mixed lettuces, fresh fruit of the season, and some soft goat cheese. —Gerlinde de Broekert
Makes dressing for two salads
The salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 tablespoon tarragon
- 6 tablespoons good Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (I use Meyer Lemons)
- 6-8 cups mixed green lettuces
- 1 cup roasted walnuts or pecans (optional)
- ¼ -½ cups dried or fresh blueberries, pomegranate seeds during Fall and Christmas
- 1 peeled and sliced apple
- 1 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
- For the dressing put the honey in a jar and heat up in the microwave for 30 seconds or less.
- Stir in the olive oil until well combined
- Add the orange juice and tarragon and shake in the jar. There is enough dressing for two green salads. Any leftover dressing will keep in the fridge for several days.
- For the salad roast the walnuts in a preheated oven ( 350 Fahrenheit). Cool the nuts and put all the other salad ingredients in a bowl. Mix in the dressing and serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey