If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Food52 Review: It's amazing how a few simple ingredients can yield a delicious, filling, and comforting meal. Renee Kemps' recipe works deliciously as a side or a light meal. The combination of creamy sweet potato with the tangy goat cheese and chickpeas is satisfying and flavorful. I could not find fresh coriander anywhere so I subbed a combination of fresh cilantro and flat leaf parsley and it was the perfect garnish to finish this dish. I loved the combination of flavors and enjoyed this as a great light lunch and then again as a side with a roasted chicken breast. —sdebrango
Makes: 4 halves
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 55 min
large sweet potatoes
tablespoons olive oil
grams goat cheese
Lemon juice, to taste
handful fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 400º F (200º C). Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Brush the top and skins with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place the sweet potatoes cut side-down on a baking tray with parchment paper. Roast for 45 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven. Turn them over and use a fork to make little insertions in their soft flesh. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chickpeas and goat cheese over the four halves and place them back into the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the goat cheese has melted.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven, drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, some lemon juice to taste, and add the coriander. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer