If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple pickling brine for carrots, cucumbers, radishes, zucchini, peppers. Anything that gets pickled! This extra simple brine takes advantage of the complex sweetness of red wine vinegar to gently stand out from plain apple cider blends. That simplicity makes it quite versatile,too. Just add your aromatics. This brine is suitable for quick-pickling in your refrigerator, or for canning processes. The Alum keeps the vegetables crisp and crunchy over the long term. —Michael
Makes 48 oz
- 12 ounces Organic apple cider vinegar
- 4 ounces Red wine vinegar
- 15 Peppercorns
- 6 Bay Leaves
- 8 tablespoons Pickling salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Alum
- Combine all ingredients except Alum into a heavy bottomed stock pot.
- Allow to cool slightly, stir in Alum
- Use while still very hot.
- Reduce for ten minutes at a rolling boil.
More Great Recipes: