If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Vegetable broth is the base for soups, risottos and many other dishes. —woo wei-duan
Serves 1.2 litres
- 30 milliliters olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, rinsed, skin and ends removed and cut medium dice
- 2 celery stalks, rinsed and cut medium dice
- 4 carrots, rinsed and cut medium dice
- 1 leek, rinsed and cut medium dice
- 2 pinches sage (fresh or dried)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch bunch parsley stems, rinsed
- 1 bunch basil stems, rinsed
- 10 fennel seeds
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In a soup pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and the onion, celery, carrot, and leek.
- Sweat the vegetables until they release a bit of their juice, about 10 minutes.
- Add the sage, bay leaves, parsley stems, basil stems, fennel seeds, black peppercorns and salt.
- Add 1.5 litres of water.
- Turn the heat down to low and bring the water to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool. Keep the mixture in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve or a sieve lined with a lining of cheesecloth.