Author Notes: French toast with a coconut twist! —Bare Snacks
loaf Italian bread, sliced
packages Bare Snacks Simply Toasted Crunchy Coconut Chips
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and cinnamon.
- Lightly crush the coconut chips and pour them on a small plate.
- Heat a griddle to 325 degrees. Spray the griddle with cooking spray.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture and then the crushed coconut chips, coating the bread on each side.
- Place the bread on the hot griddle and let the first side cook for 3 minutes. Flip the slices and cook them on the other side for 3 minutes or until they are cooked through. The French toast should be lightly browned. If it is browning too quickly, turn the griddle down a bit to 300 degrees.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.