If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious breakfast recipe to start the day off just right. Source: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/savory-breakfast-bread-pudding —Rhodes Bake-N-Serv
- 4 slices Rhodes Bread, cubed (4 cups)
- 3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound Italian sausage, browned and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 salt and pepper
- 1/2 parmesan cheese
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Combine cheddar cheese, tomatoes, sausage, green onions, basil, brown sugar, oregano and garlic powder. Add to bread and toss gently until bread is well coated.
- Pour mixture into a sprayed 9x13-inch baking pan. Whisk eggs, whipping cream, salt and pepper and pour over bread mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°F 55-65 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
More Great Recipes: Breakfast & Brunch