If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I freeze this in 1 cup packages and use it for BBQ chicken or pork chops. It is tart and tomatoey and not super sweet. I think it may be my oldest recipe! —LE BEC FIN
Makes ~5 cups
- 1/4-1/3 cup bacon fat
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1Tablespoon+ 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 32 ounces tomato paste
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup worcestershire suce
- 1/4 cup yellow "ball park" mustard
- 1 teaspoon each Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- optional 1/3- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- Heat bacon fat over medium high heat in heavy 2- 3 quart saucepan. When hot, add onion and garlic and cook 5-8 minutes, til translucent (not brown.)
- Add tomato sauce through pepper. Simmer 20 minutes nd taste. Add viinegar and/or anything else needed to make it delicous.
More Great Recipes: Entrees