If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fast and easy. Great for when you get home a bit late to prepare a fancy meal. —Emartin
- 1 Onion
- 2 Chorizo
- 1 Tin tomatoes (chopped or whole)
- 1 Tin chick peas
- 1 pinch Dried Oregano (be generous)
- 1 pinch Dried basil (generosity is a virtue)
- 1 splash Olive oil
- Chop an onion. Any size you like ( fine or chunky) and slice the chorizo.
- Heat a saucepan on top of the stove, add olive oil and fry the onion until translucent. Don't have the heat too high .
- Add sliced chorizo and fry till it gets browned a little.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and the chick peas ( after draining ).. Give it a stir while adding in the basil and oregano. Using chopped tomatoes reduces cooking time.
- Cover and Let it simmer away while you do something else for about 15-30 minutes. It can cook longer without any problems.
- Serve with whatever you fancy. Works well with cous cous or warm Turkish or naan bread. Fresh coriander ( cilantro) sprinkled over the top is also nice.