If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
cup peanuts shelled unsalted raw
teaspoons clarified butter or ghee
teaspoons ginger juice
- Dry roast the peanuts on medium heat stirring continuously for about 6 to 7 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan, wait till they cool off rub between your palms and remove most of the skin. Lightly crush the peanuts.
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, over medium high heat melt the butter, then add sugar, ginger, and salt.
- Keep stirring the sugar continuously till sugar start melting and changing the color to light brown. Turn off the heat as soon it comes to golden brown in color. Note: when sugar starts melting it changes the color very quickly and it can easily burn.
- Add peanuts stir quickly. Pour over the greased plate and spread evenly.
- Cool for a few minutes chikki should be warm, cut them in about 1-1/2 inch square.
- Store them in air tight container