If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 4 or more
- 6 Kashmiri Chillies
- 1/2 scraped coconut
- small piece of ginger
- 3 pieces garlic
- 5-6 pepper corns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- pinches methi seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon haldi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera
- 1 green chilly
- 1 decent sized pomfret
- 1 raw mango
- Slice, clean and salt the fish and keep the fish aside.
- Procedure: Grind the masala ingredients mentioned above, in a mixer with a little water.
- Add it in your cooking dish and add some more water, now there are two optional things depending on how rich and heavy you want your Xitt codi. The first one is you can bagaar some chopped onions before you add the masala to it.
- Instead of adding water you can add coconut milk to make it rich, but we made this fish curry by adding water, to make it thick enough as per choice. You can then add some salt and slit the green chilly, remove seeds as per spice requirement.
- Once the entire mixture reaches a boil you can add the fish to the curry
- Along with the fish add the cut pieces of raw mango, to give it that nice tangy flavor that it has. I personally like to eat the cooked pieces of mango, the sour taste of it, my mouths watering as I write this :)
- Cook till the fish becomes edible, this is a relatively easy dish to cook and is not as time consuming as some of them. Bon Appétit, until the next Goan Recipe!
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch