If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Calcium Rich Beef Enchilada Recipe is my recommended appetizer which can be used to fulfill your little starving desire —RecipesnFood
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 dash garlic minced
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1-6 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1- 11/4 ounces Ground beef
- 4 ounces can diced green chili peppers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
- To prepare enchilada sauce, in medium saucepan heat oil; saute ⅓ cup onion and 1 clove garlic until tender.
- Dissolve bouillon in ½ cup hot water; add to onion mixture.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, sugar, salt, and cumin.
- Combine ½ cup cold water and corn starch; gradually stir into tomato sauce mixture.
- Simmer to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- To prepare beef filling, in large skillet; Brown ground beef and drain.
- Remove from pan.
- Add to the pan and saute ¼ cup onion and garlic clove in 2 tsp vegetable oil until tender.
- Stir in remaining filling ingredients, return beef, and ¾ cup of the enchilada sauce; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread ½ cup of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of 12x8 inch baking dish.
- Set aside. In ungreased skillet, heat 1 tortilla over medium high heat about 15 seconds until warm, turning frequently.
- Fill each tortilla with 2 Tbsp beef filling; roll up.
- Place seam side down in prepared dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over filled tortillas.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.