If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A shrimp cocktail served with tortilla chips, lime wedges and shots of tequila to whet every ones appetite.
Jumbo shrimp or larger holds up well to the heat of a grill, I use extra jumbo size = 16-20 shrimps per pound for this recipe.
Makes 4 jumbo sized cocktails
- 4 jumbo size margarita style cocktail glasses on hand
- Shrimp,16 to 20 per pound, peeled and deveined with tails left intact
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Zest and juice of one lime for the marinade
- Additional lime slices and wedges = 4 thin slices for the shrimp cocktail and wedges to accompany tequila shots and to wet the glass rim, as well
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/3 cup gold tequila
- 1 tablespoon Grand Mariner
- 1 tablespoon honey - or to taste
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 sliced celery stalk and 1/4 cup celery heart leaves
- 8 sliced grape tomatoes – red and/or yellow
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- Coarse kosher salt for cocktail glass rim
- Put the garlic, lime zest, its juice, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt and oil in a bowl; mix well. Stir in the raw shrimp; marinate for about an hour.
- Lift the shrimp, with a slotted spoon, from the marinade; reserve the marinade until needed. Skewer and then grill the shrimp; set aside to cool.
- Combine the reserved marinade with tequila, honey, grand mariner and cilantro. Add to a sauce pan and simmer until liquid has reduced and thickened a bit; set aside to cool.
- Run a wedge of lime around the cocktail glass rim and dip it into kosher salt.
- Combine the lettuce, sliced celery stalk and celery heart leaves; arrange in margarita cocktail glasses. Top with tomatoes and jalapeno.
- Add grilled shrimp around the circumference of the cocktail glass with a lime slice and a tortilla chip; drizzle with the cooled marinade.
- Serve with extra tortilla chips, lime wedges and tequila.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore