If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 8 Zucchinis
- 1 white onion
- 1 bunch Basil
- 2 sprigs Italian Parsley
- 1 handful Sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 handful Goat Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- Olive oil infused with garlic, herbs and chilli
- Peeling the Zucchinis: I used a regular potato peeler to make the zucchini ribbons (of course, other tools can be used to make zucchini noodles “zoodles” rather than ribbons). Since zucchinis release a lot of water while cooking, make sure to peel until you see the seeds starting to surface – we don’t want the core because the have higher water content compared to the rest of the vegetable. This is the most time-consuming step, but I assure you that the rest is just a matter of putting everything into one pan!
- Cooking the Zucchinis: I grilled about half the amount of zucchini ribbons to get those nice lines on the vegetable (this is optional). It adds a smokey flavor to the dish and also makes it look nicer! After they’re cooked, set them aside. While doing that, I caramelised the diced shallots and onions in another pan and added a bit of brown sugar along with the chilli-infused oil. Add the uncooked zucchini along with the herbs and spices, using tongs to carefully stir without breaking the ribbons.
- Topping it off: Finally, garnish the dish with sun-dried tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese.