If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Earthy, dried green spearmint & dill weed, rose petals and toasted cumin make this savory yogurt dish a perfect, cooling accompaniment to a hot khoresh dish. Dried herbs, which are so often shunned in favor of fresh herbs in Western cooking, are a staple of Persian cooking for their earthy flavor. This dish is even more special when studded with dried fruits like cranberries or raisins and toasted walnuts and topped with a drizzle of good olive oil. —RawSpiceBar
- 1 piece RawSpiceBar's Mast-o-Khiar Rose & Herbs
- 2 pieces large cucumbers
- 3 cups dried raisins or cranberries
- 5 cups plain yogurt
- 4 pieces cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.5 cups walnuts, chopped & well toasted
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Dice cucumbers into small square cubes, about 1/4 inch each.
- Sprinkle crushed garlic cloves with sea salt, then mash garlic salt mixture into a paste using the back of a knife.
- Combine garlic paste with RawSpiceBar's Mast-o-Khiar Rose & Herbs and yogurt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, stir in cucumber and salt to taste.
- Fold in well toasted, chopped walnuts and dried fruit such as cranberries or raisins. Top with a drizzle of good olive oil (optional). Combine ingredients and serve alongside saffron rice and lamb shanks with rosewater & advieh.
More Great Recipes: Side Dishes