If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Gingery, peppery chai spices with cinnamon, nutmeg, rose petals and ground North Indian tea infused in ganache and macaron shells. We love this super light and fluffy French treat as is- but the added chai flavor and texture kicks it up to just the right spicy notch. —RawSpiceBar
- 1 piece RawSpiceBar's Rose & Chai Spices
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1 2/3 cups confectioner's sugar (plus 1 tbsp for the filling)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 pieces egg whites
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream for the filling
- Make the meringue: Whip egg whites with whisk on medium speed, until eggs begin to froth.
- . Once frothy, lower the mixer speed and pour sugar in a thin, even stream. Once added, turn mixer up to high speed until firm, glossy peaks start to form.
- Add almond flour and one half of RawSpiceBar's Rose & Chai spices to meringue. Fold to combine until ingredients are just combined- careful not to overmix as this tends to crack the shells as they bake.
- Preheat oven to 300°F and and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a pastry bag and a small, round tip, pipe 1 inch circles of meringue onto trays. Double sheet trays and bake for about 18-20 minutes. At 18 minutes, try pulling a meringue away from the parchment. If meringue does not pull away cleanly, allow to bake- checking the cookies each minute until they release cleanly. Cool cookies completely on the trays before removing.
- To make the filling, whip up heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add one half of RawSpiceBar's Rose & Chai spices and sugar. Continue whipping until the whipping cream stiffens.
- If you’re going to eat these macarons right away, pipe the filling onto shells and sandwich together. If you’re not going to eat them right away, wait on filling them (the whipping cream gets kind of watery the longer it sits). Enjoy!
More Great Recipes: