If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Thick & spicy, this healthy, filling soup is perfect for a cold day. Packed with vegetables and cooked in light coconut milk, broth and RawspiceBar's Punjabi Garam Masala Spices including coriander, Kashmiri chili and Indian bay leaves. —RawSpiceBar
- 1 piece RawSpiceBar's Punjabi Garam Masala Spices
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 piece large onion
- 2 pieces cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 pound green lentils
- 3 cups vegetables (we used broccoli, carrots & snap peas- kale or spinach also works great)
- 1 piece Salt & pepper
- 1 piece Fresh cilantro, avocado, greek yogurt (optional, for toppings)
- In a stockpot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat and add the onion. Stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste & RawSpiceBar's Punjabi Garam Masala spices and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth, coconut milk and lentils. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add chopped vegetables (if adding spinach or kale, add right before serving), then simmer on low heat for another 10-15 minutes, until the lentils and vegetables are both tender.
- Serve with toppings of choice. We love topping with fresh cilantro, a dollop of yogurt and a few slices of avocado. Enjoy!