If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Green beans are the perfect side dish for weeknight dinners – just about any time of year. This recipe from the 360 Kitchen combines a classic veggie with an extra kick!
The tiniest drizzle of nutty sesame oil is all it takes to transform these beans into something really special. Just make sure you are using toasted sesame oil, as regular sesame oil has no flavor. Supermarkets typically stock small bottles of the mahogany brown oil next to the soy sauce or in the Asian or international foods sections.
360 Cookware used: 3.5 Quart Sauté Pan w/Cover —360Cookware
tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
garlic clove, minced
pound green beans, trimmed
tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Combine the soy sauce, water, ginger, and garlic in the 3.5 Quart Sauté Pan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the aromatics begin to soften.
- Stir in the green beans.
- Cover and cook until steam just begins to escape from under the lid, about 5 minutes.
- Spin the lid to engage the vapor seal (if using 360 cookware pan with cover) then immediately reduce the heat to low and cook for about 6 minutes until the beans are just tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sesame oil.
- Serve immediately.