If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Garlic Shrimp and Sun-Dried Tomatoes with Pasta in Spicy Creamy Sauce fettuccine in a homemade Alfredo sauce, spiced up with basil and crushed red pepper. —RecipesnFood
- 1/3 pound shrimp (90 count of small shrimp in 1 pound)
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 5 grams salt
- 4 dashes garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup half and half (or milk)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta (use gluten free brown rice fettuccine for gluten free version)
- Note: if using sun-dried tomatoes in oil (in a jar), make sure to drain sun-dried tomatoes from oil, before using them. Reserve 2 tablespoons of this drained oil for sauteing as described below:
- In a large skillet, saute minced garlic and sun-dried tomatoes (drained from oil) in 2 tablespoons of oil (reserved from the sun-dried tomatoes jar - see note above) for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add shrimp, sprinkle with a small amount of salt, paprika, and cook on medium heat for about 2 more minutes.
- Add half and half, basil, and crushed red pepper to the skillet with shrimp, bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Whisk the Parmesan cheese into the hot cream and stir to melt cheese, on lowest heat setting, until cheese is melted. Remove the sauce from heat. Add more salt, basil and more crushed red pepper if desired, to taste.
- In the mean time, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain (reserving some pasta water). Add cooked pasta to the creamy mixture, add more salt, basil and more crushed red pepper if desired, to taste.