If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Receive 3-4 hand-picked, small batch, freshly ground spice blends with each monthly box. Each monthly spice box contains 1-3 ounces of spice blends, creating three dishes for serving 8-10. You will also receive kitchen-tested, detailed recipes and ideas for each spice blend you receive as well as a background on our monthly chef and spice blends every month.
Our spice experts, many of whom are award winning chefs, bring you unique spice blends from the highest quality spices around the world, with an unprecedented focus on quality and flavor. Each spice of the month club subscription is a one time purchase and can be purchased in increments of 3, 6 or 12 months. —RawSpiceBar
- RawSpiceBar's Garam Masala Spice
- 4 pounds short ribs
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 vegetable oil
- 1 cup full bodied red wine
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cups beef or chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Pat ribs dry with a paper towel and salt and pepper generously.
- In a dutch oven or other large, heavy-bottomed pot, add 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add ribs and sear until well browned on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove ribs to a large plate or baking sheet and set aside.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add RawSpiceBar’s Garam Masala Spices and stir well, about 30 seconds.
- Add broth and ribs and bring mixture to a boil. Cover the pan and transfer it to the oven. Cook until meat falls off the bone, about 2 1/2 hours, turning halfway through.