If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dreamed up by one of our awesomely creative customers & chefs at The Azarian, we had to share these with you (you can find the original recipe on his site). These pancakes are super easy to whip up and are loved by our paleo and non-paleo friends alike. We recommend making these as mini pancakes as they are easier to flip over. Drizzle with our juniper berries & winter spice syrup for a perfect chilly morning breakfast. We can't think of a better combination. —RawSpiceBar
- RawSpiceBar's Juniper Berries Blend
- 1/2 cup sugar (or sweetener of choice) for syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the juniper berries, ½ cup of water, sugar and lemon juice. Stir and bring to a light boil.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Slowly stir the corn starch into the juniper berries. Simmer until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in vanilla and lemon zest.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in vanilla and lemon zest. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined (batter should be slightly lumpy).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert