If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Food52 Review: This salad of raw, marinated zucchini caught our eye during our summer salad-themed #f52contest—and we crowned it the winner. Here, Instagrammer @thefoxandtheknife shares her recipe for it. —The Editors
- 4 medium yellow or green zucchini
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 balls buffalo mozzarella
- 16 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- Fresh basil and oregano leaves (cilantro and mint work well, too), finely chopped
- Cut the zucchini into ribbons with a mandoline or a vegetable peeler. Put them in a bowl and add the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the mozzarella into small pieces and add them, the olives, and the chopped herbs to the chilled zucchini. Stir well and serve!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!